Who are we for?
business matters exists to support, serve and encourage those working in the business community in Edinburgh through an innovative and accessible programme of events tailored to promote personal and professional development.
Questions we aim to answer
How do we “do work” well?
How can we thrive and prosper personally and professionally?
How can we make a difference in the culture we are part of and advance good in and through the business community?
What do we offer?
- We run a programme of events relevant to those in work to encourage individuals to pursue professional and personal development
- Alongside this programme we aim:
- to equip you and provide you with tools to build resilience in your everyday life, particularly at work
- to connect you to a supportive community and network in the city and to signpost people to appropriate resources and expert advice in relation to personal or professional concerns
- to inspire and challenge you by presenting ideas, opinions, debate and conversations around larger issues in business and culture including the relationship between the Christian faith and our work
How can I benefit?
You don’t need to feel isolated, on your own with no-one to bounce ideas and concerns off. As part of the business matters network you can benefit from others’ experiences and knowledge while offering your own in return – potentially a win-win situation!