In these challenging times, we understand that some people may have lost their jobs during this period and this may lead to many additional pressures including financial and health. Back in 2009, just after the financial crash of 2008, business matters pulled together a programme of seminars under the banner “New Futures Group”.
These were designed to help those who might find themselves out of work or rethinking their options going forward.
Some of that material is still relevant today and can be accessed below…
During the restrictions
- Making the most of the transition time (K Dickson)
Looking to the Future
- Discovering Your Passions and Skills (D Craigie)
- Passions presentation (K Anderson)
- Portfolio working (K Anderson)
- Portfolio working presentation (K Anderson)
Preparation and practicalities
- Brief notes on CVs (G Bissett, D W-White)
- Example benchmark CV
- Brief CV presentation (G Bissett, D W-White)
- Guide to competency-based interviewing
- Using recruitment agencies (R Hutton)